What are new workers allowed to do pre-Authorization?
Agencies may have their own “Pre-Authorized” work assignments, however, please below for a sample list of the activities which non-authorized staff are able to engage in independently before becoming Authorized.
- Work in pairs/teams with experienced Authorized Child Welfare Professionals
- Attend and participate in transfer visits/plans of care/reassessments in the placement/resource departments
- Active involvement in case support (contact collaterals, attend court, identify resources for family, and conduct online research)
- Help to organize files for reviews, consultations, affidavit preparations
- Review files and determine what is pertinent material; for instance, what would go in social histories, what information would be vetted etc.
- Learn about and practice completing documentation requirements in all departments
- Supervise access visits and shadow activities in other departments
If you have any questions, please click "Contact myOACAS Support" and select "Other".
What does Authorization consist of for new workers?
A non-authorized staff member becomes eligible for Authorization after the completion of the Child Welfare Pathway to Authorization Series. Trainees must complete classroom and online instruction and participate in field practice activities. ...
How many cases should a new worker carry?
Supervisors will have the responsibility to assign cases (not involving authorized work) to new CWPs based on the complexity of cases, experience and time availability of the worker, and the needs of the agency. The expectation is that workers ...
Is Authorization the same as Regulation?
Is Authorization the same as Regulation? No. Until they are formally ‘Authorized’, child protection workers will not be able to independently conduct investigations, independently apprehend children, or independently make a child protection ...
PRIDE Pre-Service Training Technology User Guide
Attached is the Technology User Guide for PRIDE Participants.
I need to set up a PRIDE Pre-Service schedule in myOACAS Learning
To have a PRIDE Pre-Service schedule set up in myOACAS Learning: 1. Download the PRIDE Pre-Service Training Request Form (attached) 2. Fill in the form 3. Save the completed form to your computer 4. Email email@example.com with the ...